Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pretty Pansies for Auntie Patsy - Tres Leches, Take II

Before I get into the Black Forest Cake, I just had to share the other cake I made...
My aunt and nephew have their birthdays very close together, so not only have I constructed a Black Forest cake, but another Tres Leches cake as well. (Cause everyone needs a birthday cake)  ;)

Since my Aunt is so fond of Pansies, I decided to decorate her cake with some sugared flowers. (I simply followed the same procedure that I used for the Sugared Rose petals)

I ended up using violas though, cause I could not find pansies this time of year that had not been sprayed to death with chemicals.  I was being picky, because I wanted her to be able to eat them if she so desired.  All three are edible (Pansies, Violas & Violets) as long as they are not sprayed with poisons.  I really wished that I had a few more flowers, but I made it work.....

All in all, I was pretty happy with the way it turned out.

So was my Aunt, and that's what really matters.   :)

Mangia!!
~~

1 comment:

Patti T. said...

Who would not be happy with such a gorgeous cake! I am sure it tasted as good as it looks.